Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wednesday Videos: The Future of Books

Update: I've posted two additional videos of TechCrunch interviewing Gleick about his work, The Information.  They are shorter in length (around 10 minutes total) so if the hour long talk just below isn't your cup of tea, keep scrolling and watch the two shorter videos)

Today's selection for 'Wednesday Videos' is author James Gleick speech given at the conclusion of the Sydney Writers' Festival on "The Future of the Book".  I posted a little review of Gleick's most recently published work, The Information, and it's great to see him here articulating his views on a subject near and dear to my heart.  Personally, I have been increasingly thinking of buying an e-reader seeing as how I've actually just finished my first e-book- and I read it on my phone!  It was Tom Clancy's chock-full of Cold War nostalgia 'The Cardinal and the Kremlin', and I'm currently reading Gleick's Chaos in e-book form thanks in large part to Amazon's 'deal of the day' = cost me a total of three dollars.  But enough of my reading rambling- watch the video below, provided so kindly by The Monthly and its 'SlowTV' collection of videos.





No comments:

Post a Comment