Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Video picks & some changes to Peasant Muse

I really enjoyed posting some videos last wednesday, so I think i'll make Wednesday my 'video' day on the blog.  I've also decided to group my 'Fresh Beulah Links' and post them once a week, maybe Monday or perhaps Thursday, mainly because I was tired of only saying 'hey I have new links today!' when I think most people care to read more in depth stuff.  I am working on new posts, but I have some nice videos to share with you today- including one I made myself.


Lets start with someone who is actually known to the larger world, Lawrence Lessig.  Lessig is one of those names you should definitely know, as he is one of the most outspoken advocates for reform of our copyright system in order to allow for greater ability to share and create new culture.  He has released his books for free on his website and makes his lecture publicly available on blip.tv which is where i'm grabbed today's video.  Here is his talk at a conference in Geneva on "Facilitating Access to Culture in the Digital Age":




The other video I want to share today is one I made yesterday.  I'm a super nerd when it comes to board games, and I recently received my copy of GMT Games' Labyrinth in the mail.  Since I prowl the forums on boardgamegeek.com, I knew that I was among the first wave to actually receive my copy so I decided to make an uboxing video!  I plan on using the same techniques that I used in analyzing Twilight Struggle and hope to have a more in depth review ready sometime next week.  Speaking of Twilight Struggle, I am working on my third post in the 'Boardgames as Complex Cultural Artifacts' series and should have that up soon.  But, enough rambling- here I am (well voice only) unboxing Labyrinth.


No comments:

Post a Comment